TAB J - Summary of New
Following Presidential Special Oversight Board guidance, we further
investigated this incident and rewrote the narrative with new information gathered since
this papers original publication in August 1997. Changes from the previous
- The location of the suspect bunker appears to be in Kuwait, not in Iraq as reported in
the initial investigation.
- The bunkers were built after Iraqs August 1990 invasion of Kuwait.
- We did not interview Colonel Dunn during the original investigation of this incident. In
writing the original narrative, we relied solely on Colonel Dunns written account of
the events surrounding his examination of PFC Fisher. However, we did provide him a
copy of the narrative to review before we published it, and he provided no comments about
the findings. We subsequently interviewed him by telephone after we published the original
narrative. For this narrative, we interviewed Colonel Dunn in person. He maintained
his original diagnosis was correct.
- We contacted and re-interviewed PFC Fisher.
- This paper refutes statements in the original narrative about a second urinalysis
reportedly accomplished in-theater. This further investigation established Colonel Dunn
conducted the only urinalysis associated with this incident.
- This narrative includes photographs Major DeClue and Colonel Dunn took of PFC
- This narrative includes a still photo taken from the videotape of the MM-1 screen
showing a spectrum for distilled sulfur mustard (HD) during a Fox test for chemical
warfare agent of PFC Fishers flak jacket.
- We located the MM-1 printout for the coveralls test and transcribed it for inclusion in
this narrative in Tab F.
- We transcribed ion intensity data from the videotape showing the spectrum for sulfur
mustard (HD) during the test of PFC Fishers flak jacket. Spectrometry experts
examined this transcribed data and commented for this narrative. The transcribed data
appears in Tab H.
| First Page | Prev Page
| Next Page |